The information in this Readme contains fix list and other package information about the Hardware Management Console.
Special upgrade notes for HMC V7 R7.2.0
Upgrading to HMC V7 R7.2.0 from lower HMC releases can require special upgrade steps. Find basic steps and instructions for upgrading the HMC to HMC V7 R7.2.0 from lower releases, including from HMC 6.1.2 through HMC 188.8.131.52.
PTF MH01233 HMC V7 R7.2.0 Recovery Media package notes
This package represents the Recovery image with which you can upgrade your HMC from HMC V6R1.3.0, or higher, to HMC V184.108.40.206. You can also use this package to install a clean version of HMC V220.127.116.11. You can reference this package by APAR MB03328.
|Splash Panel information (or lshmc -V output)|
Service Pack: 0
HMC Build level 20100811.1
Enhancements in HMC V7 R7.2.0
This package provides the following enhancements:
Fixes in HMC V7 R7.2.0
The following fixes are included in this package:
Repair and Verify fixes
The following Repair and Verify fixes apply to IBM Power 570, 575 and 595 servers (POWER6-based technology) and IBM Power 770 and 795 servers (Power7-based technology).
Known issues in HMC V7 R7.2.0
This package has the following known issues:
Web browser requirements
The following browsers have been tested.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or Internet Explorer 7.0 is supported.
Other web browser considerations
Session cookies need to be enabled in order for ASMI to work when connected to HMC remotely. The asm proxy code saves session information and uses it.
- Select Tools -> Internet Options
- Select Privacy tab and select 'Advanced'
- Check if 'Always allow session cookies'
- If not checked, check 'Override automatic cookie handling' and check 'Always allow session cookies'
- The handle First-party Cookies and Third-party Cookies, you can choose either block or prompt or accept. Pprompt is preferred, in which case you will be prompted every time a site tries to write cookies. It may be a little annoying, but it is the safe thing to do. Some sites need to be allowed to write cookies.
- Tools -> Options
- Select Cookies Tab
- Select check box Allow sites to set cookies.
- If you want to allow only specific sites then select 'Exceptions' and then you can just add this HMC to allow.
Installation instructions for HMC V7 R.7.1.0 updates and fixes can be found here:
Recovery media upgrade and installation instructions for HMC V7 R.7.1.0 can be found here:
The HMC Install Corrective Service task has been modified to allow corrective service installation by using the .iso packaging of the corrective service files that you can download from IBM. There is no requirement to burn CD-R or DVD-r media in order to use these files to install the corrective service.
In all cases, the HMC application extracts the files needed to install the corrective service.
|English||en_US, en_GB, en_GB@euro, en_AU, en_BE, en_BE@preeuro, en_CA, en_HK, en_Ne, en_IE, en_IE@preeuro, en_NZ, en_PH, en_PK, en_ZA, en_SG|
|German||de_DE, de_DE@preeuro, de_CH, de_AT, de_AT@preeuro, de_LU, de_LU@euro|
|French||fr_FR, fr_FR@preeuro, fr_CH, fr_CA, fr_BE, fr_BE@euro, fr_LU, fr_LU@euro|
|Italian||it_IT, it_IT@preeuro, it_CH|
|Spanish||es_ES, es_ES@preeuro, es_AR, es_BO, es_CL, es_CO, es_CR, es_DO, es_EC,es_SV, es_GT, es_HN, es_MX, es_NI, es_PA, es_PY,es_PE, es_PR, es_US, es_UY,es_VE|
|Portugal Portuguese||pt_PT, pt_PT@preeuro|
|Simplified Chinese||zh_CN, zh_SG|
|Traditional Chinese||zh_TW, zh_HK|
|Dutch||nl_NL, nl_NL@preeuro, nl_BE, nl_BE@preeuro|
eServer i5 and p5 Education available on Resource Link
The following customer courses will be available from Resource Link for the Product Announce on May 4, 2004.
- How to Use the eServer i5 and p5 Hardware Management Console
This course explains how to install and configure the Hardware Management Console (HMC) for the Model 520/570. It also covers the HMC's basic operations by exploring the general user interface. Partitioning is discussed in detail, with explanations showing both command line and GUI support.
- eServer i5 and p5 - Physical Planning for Installation
This course discusses considerations for the physical planning for installation of eServer Models 520 and 570. It then provides the user with links to obtaining the step-by-step installation procedures.
- Resource Link Highlights
This course provides an overall look at the major Resource Link (RL) areas and how to use them. These areas are Planning, Education, Library, Forums, Fixes, Problem Solving, Services, Customer Initiated Upgrade, and Tools. It also provides step-by-step procedures in using the Subscription function.
- Performing Licensed Internal Code Maintenance
This course discusses maintaining the software that enables hardware such as the service processor on your IBM System p server (servers with POWER5 processors).
Access to these courses requires an IBM Registration ID and Resource Link Access.
To obtain an IBM Registration ID
- Go to http://www.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink
- Select "Register" under New users
- On the My IBM Registration, fill in an e-mail address for IBM ID and password, and the Security question and answer and the Country of residence and then click Continue and fill in the rest of the User information and click Submit.
Resource Link Access for New Users
- Go to http://www.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink
- Select "Sign in" enter the IBM ID and password you used to register above
- Select "Customer"
- Click "Submit" Once submitted it will take an hour before the access takes effect
To view a course:
- Sign in to Resource Link
- Select Education in the navigation bar on the left
- From the Education page, select "eServer i5 and p5 courses"
- Select "How to Use the eServer i5 and p5 Hardware Management Console"
- Select "Performing Licensed Internal Code Maintenance"
- Double-click the link to open the course.
- The courses are browser based. For optimal viewing, we recommend Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher with your display set at 1024 x 768. To set your display, go to My Computer -> Display -> Settings
- Course pages can be book marked for easy retrieval.
- Course simulations open in a separate window. Use the X in the upper right corner of the window to close the simulation.
- If there are QuickTime videos in the course, you need to have the QuickTime viewer installed. A link to the free viewer is on each Resource Link course page and on the related page within each course.